Wietske de Klerk
She graduated in 2012 at the Art academy St.Joost in Breda.
In her graduation film “Continuüm” Wietske concentrated her research work on the theme of the film, family, acting work and the architecture of the location. Especially this last element, architecture is used on a metaphorical level querying the medium of film. Both architecture and the notion of the family are two concept which are constantly appearing during and before the two year of research at the Masters Program. She decided to connect her fascination of the cinematic space and family dynamics and transformed her research into : The family as a mise en scene.
After graduating in 2012, she made:
– Love and Engineering (interactive film, VPRO)
– Parre (short fiction, film by the sea&Columnfilm)
– Various assistant directorships
– Corporate film and music video production
– Teaching and coaching (s.a. Eye Institute, Academy of Art and Design St Joost, and Cavak Film Foundation)
Nominations and Awards:
– Breda Art Award
– Nominated St Joost Penning, VERS awards 2012 & 2013, nominated for best European online storytelling)
– Graduation Continuüm film is archived in EYE film collection